Thursday, August 17, 2017

08/17/2017

First update! I love our class!They are such a fun group!  I snapped a few pics as we were packing up for the day. 

Homework
I wanted to mention that we are starting homework tonight. Students will be reading 30 minutes out loud to their iPad. Weird, right? They can do this in a quiet area, even outside. No internet required. We are piloting this in my class, and I can't wait to see how it goes. If there is a night you can't have them do homework, just shoot me an e-mail or sign the opt-out box on their iPad (students can show you how.)  Most nights though, I want kids to read aloud to their iPad and get that awesome fluency practice with accountability and responsibility.  This year you won't need to do/sign anything for them, it's all on them.  
Eclipse
We will be asking for a few things before eclipse day.

  1. Cereal/Shoe Box
  2. Ice Cream Toppings.  More info to come in Friday Folders.
Room Parents
We don't have a room parent, we do have lots of volunteers though.  Please consider being a room parent and I will help in any way I can!

Fundraisers
We are going to sell Mums to raise money for field trips and fifth grade graduation.  Please keep us in mind as order forms will be coming out soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment